Someone in the flat downstairs just passed away.
Around 3.5 hours back.
And here I am, writing a blog.
Insensitive of me?
Yes. Very.
Was I close to him?
No.
Does that give me reason not to sympathize?
No.
Should I be mourning already and sit quietly in a corner and think about Life?
I dont think so.
Would I be able to say/do the same if it had been my family member?
I am not in a position to answer that. But. No.
However.
I have become a bit more reslient to Death in general.
Passive. Thats the word.
I heard the news of this Uncle's death and immediately I was reminded of this girl from the Playroom. (The same girl who is mentioned in the post 'Going Home')
When I went to the Playroom today I heard that she had not made it.
Exactly a week back, she had passed away.
I think of her and "Sunshine" and become resilient to everything around me.
He was old.
80+ years old.
Frail. Weak. Not keeping well. Eyesight failing. Body pain. Unable to walk properly.
He had lived his life. He had done well.
But the kids.
3.5 years old. 12 years old.
Young. Energetic. Sparkle in their eyes. A future. A Ray of Hope.
They had not even lived their life. They had not seen the change of seasons over the years.
I think of the cruelty of Nature.
The disbalance.
And somehow I turn cold to Deaths.
Would I be able to say/do the same if it had been my family member?
No.
Such contradictions in our minds.
And yet, Death is inevitable.
The only Truth in our lives.
And yet so Cruel.
Cruel for a kid.
Okay for an old man.
*Such* contradictions.
Around 3.5 hours back.
And here I am, writing a blog.
Insensitive of me?
Yes. Very.
Was I close to him?
No.
Does that give me reason not to sympathize?
No.
Should I be mourning already and sit quietly in a corner and think about Life?
I dont think so.
Would I be able to say/do the same if it had been my family member?
I am not in a position to answer that. But. No.
However.
I have become a bit more reslient to Death in general.
Passive. Thats the word.
I heard the news of this Uncle's death and immediately I was reminded of this girl from the Playroom. (The same girl who is mentioned in the post 'Going Home')
When I went to the Playroom today I heard that she had not made it.
Exactly a week back, she had passed away.
I think of her and "Sunshine" and become resilient to everything around me.
He was old.
80+ years old.
Frail. Weak. Not keeping well. Eyesight failing. Body pain. Unable to walk properly.
He had lived his life. He had done well.
But the kids.
3.5 years old. 12 years old.
Young. Energetic. Sparkle in their eyes. A future. A Ray of Hope.
They had not even lived their life. They had not seen the change of seasons over the years.
I think of the cruelty of Nature.
The disbalance.
And somehow I turn cold to Deaths.
Would I be able to say/do the same if it had been my family member?
No.
Such contradictions in our minds.
And yet, Death is inevitable.
The only Truth in our lives.
And yet so Cruel.
Cruel for a kid.
Okay for an old man.
*Such* contradictions.
No comments:
Post a Comment