Don't.
Just don't.
Don't force me to blindly believe.
Don't force me blindly trust.
To blindly follow and not question.
I am not part of the dumb driven cattle.
I am an individual who has a mind.
A mind that questions.
That searches for answers.
Don't force me to do what you say without explaining why you asked me to do it.
I Will question.
And you can't stop me.
Not everything has or must have an answer you ask?
Not everything can have an answer you say.
I say they can.
We don't or might not have the answers today. But we are searching.
Everyday.
Every minute of our lives.
There is this weird ritual in our college.
I say weird because I don't know why we are asked to follow it.
And nobody knows why either.
Everyday at 9am, a prayer is said.
Not said. Bellowed over a microphone rather.
The Big Brother.
For every student, faculty member or any other person on the campus can hear it.
And every student, faculty member or any other person on the campus at the moment when it starts needs to stop in their tracks.
Stop wherever you are.
Stop whatever you are doing.
Stop and stand.
Stop and listen.
Stop.
Thats all.
Just stop.
Its not a secular prayer.
Every Single Day its a Hindu prayer.
A prayer said in Hindi.
A prayer that a Christian or Muslim or an Atheist is supposed to listen to.
And Stop.
And everyone actually stops.
While on the cellphone they stop walking and keep on talking.
You move and the guard blows his whistle.
You walk and he comes running.
What if I don't believe in god?
What if I am a child of some other religion, whose prayer you aren't screaming over a microphone?
Why should I stop?
What if my attachment to the higher power is not over a prayer, but my ramblings inside?
What if I don't want to stop?
We are tied up in orders.
We are part of the "1984" community.
Blindly following.
Not questioning.
We like the status quo.
Or we are just afraid.
But.
Question.
Search.
Don't be forced.
Don't blindly believe.
Don't blindly trust and follow.
'Coz unless you question, you won't get the answers.
Just don't.
Don't force me to blindly believe.
Don't force me blindly trust.
To blindly follow and not question.
I am not part of the dumb driven cattle.
I am an individual who has a mind.
A mind that questions.
That searches for answers.
Don't force me to do what you say without explaining why you asked me to do it.
I Will question.
And you can't stop me.
Not everything has or must have an answer you ask?
Not everything can have an answer you say.
I say they can.
We don't or might not have the answers today. But we are searching.
Everyday.
Every minute of our lives.
There is this weird ritual in our college.
I say weird because I don't know why we are asked to follow it.
And nobody knows why either.
Everyday at 9am, a prayer is said.
Not said. Bellowed over a microphone rather.
The Big Brother.
For every student, faculty member or any other person on the campus can hear it.
And every student, faculty member or any other person on the campus at the moment when it starts needs to stop in their tracks.
Stop wherever you are.
Stop whatever you are doing.
Stop and stand.
Stop and listen.
Stop.
Thats all.
Just stop.
Its not a secular prayer.
Every Single Day its a Hindu prayer.
A prayer said in Hindi.
A prayer that a Christian or Muslim or an Atheist is supposed to listen to.
And Stop.
And everyone actually stops.
While on the cellphone they stop walking and keep on talking.
You move and the guard blows his whistle.
You walk and he comes running.
What if I don't believe in god?
What if I am a child of some other religion, whose prayer you aren't screaming over a microphone?
Why should I stop?
What if my attachment to the higher power is not over a prayer, but my ramblings inside?
What if I don't want to stop?
We are tied up in orders.
We are part of the "1984" community.
Blindly following.
Not questioning.
We like the status quo.
Or we are just afraid.
But.
Question.
Search.
Don't be forced.
Don't blindly believe.
Don't blindly trust and follow.
'Coz unless you question, you won't get the answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment